Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

My paper should be finished tomorrow and sent to my beloved editor. I have told Bruce that on the way home from graduation we will stop at a Kinko’s make a copy of my diploma, white out my name and put Bruce’s name in its place. He will have earned this degree just as much as I.

Prayer: Lord, may I begin today with love as my guide and my partner. Forgive me for not demonstrating Your love to others. When I am at the end of my patience, help me depend on you limitless resources. Give me a new way of seeing people. Help me understand that love’s divine purpose is to redeem, restore, and renew. May my whole life be a witness to Your eternal message of love. Amen.”

1 Corinthians 13:13 “And now abide in faith, hope and love, these three, but the greatest of these is love.”

Okay…did you recite 1 Corinthians 13 and put your name in the blank? I know it is kind of humbling. But God wants us to know not only how love acts, but also the parts of love. Walking in the way of love includes hope and faith. Love is the greatest of these three because it lasts. It is the lasting connection we have with God and it is the most Godlike quality we have. While Christians are known as people of faith, but we must be known as people of love. When Jesus was on the cross he could have really blasted us, but instead He blessed us.

Today I attended worship at Brite which was being led by an Episcopal priest. He spoke of love as the gift from God that, while it is received, in order to keep it, we must give it away. Love cannot be hoarded like the manna. God gave the wandering Hebrews manna only for a day. If they tried to gather more than they needed to keep for another day then it rotted and was unfit for use. God gives us enough love for the day and we must daily give it away. God’s supply of love is endless and the more we give away the more we receive. When we give God’s love away we are witnesses to God’s eternal message of love.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

A Praise – our little cousin, Tatum, is in remission!!! Praise the Lord!

No comments: