Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Geni did a very teachery thing today. Her class did not do very well on a math test yesterday. After grading the papers she told them these were not the grades they wanted so she went over the test with the children, had them correct it and gave the test again later in the day! I am so proud of her!

Today in Christian Education, we did the most remarkable study of the book of Jonah. I am always excited when I can do a study in the Word. Did you know it only takes about 8 minutes to read the book of Jonah out loud? I have read the book of Jonah to myself and few times, but today the professor read the story aloud and I learned so many more things. It was a great experience. Never underestimate the power of reading out loud!

And…I completed my history paper and sent it to my most favorite in-house editor. I am sure he will have corrections for me, but I am so grateful he is willing to do this. Thanks darlin’!

Prayer: Father, thank You that You not only command me to love, but You also provide the power to make it gloriously possible. In these times when we learn selfishness over sharing, teach me Your way of forbearing, forgiving, and ever loving. Teach me to think “we” instead of “me.” Help me to see that the disorder, discouragement, and dysfunction in this world are cries for love. May I be Your love ambassador to this beautiful, broken world. My prayer is that those damaged by the destructive love of this world will be delivered by the divine love of Your world. Amen.”

Ephesians 4:2 “With all lowliness, and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love.”

Here is the question for tonight. “Does Jesus live in our homes?” If someone was to drop by unexpectedly would they see evidence of the love of Christ? Would they see by our actions that we are forgiving, acting in loving ways toward family and friends? We can be extensions of God’s love where we learn about love and teach our children how to love. I was so blessed to be raised by parents to whom unconditional love was always the overriding presence in our lives. We (my brother and myself) watched it every day of our lives through the love our parents showed for each other and still show for each other. The Christ-like love showed itself in so many ways. It was the love that comforted us when we hurt, it encouraged us when we struggled, made us feel safe and corrected us when we needed to be shown the way back to the right path. Above all else the love always led us home. This precious love was so instilled that we have carried that same love into our own marriage homes.

Jesus is the Lord of love. Through the experience of the love of Jesus we can experience and share His love in our homes and in the relationships we have outside our homes. Be an ambassador for the Lord of love and bear each other up in love.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: