Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Bruce made it home safely from the KAIROS Training in Granbury. I ask your continued prayers for Bruce as he prepares to be the leader of the KAIROS Weekend in April of 2012. It is a mighty task with great responsibility. I believe him to be equal to the task and ask for your prayers for his continued strength as he leads the team in spiritual growth and leads the inmates into relationships with God.

Prayer: “Lord, today keep me in Your love. Thank You for Your love, and I know how much it cost for You to love me. Help me to love others no matter the cost. Help me to realize that every person I meet today was made in Your image. I know there is someone I will meet today that may be in pain. Allow me to be an instrument of Your healing love. May your loving-kindness revealed in me win an unbeliever to Christ. Amen.”

Jude 21 “Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ into eternal life.”

As believers in Christ we need to keep ourselves built up in the love of Christ so that we can build up others. How do we do that? I think we spend time getting to know the author of all love. We need to spend time with Jesus. We need to spend time each day talking with Him and listening to what He has to tell us. I love my prayer time each day. I pray throughout the day, but on my way to school each day, I crawl up in Jesus’ lap and converse with Him.

I believe we learn to love by reading scripture that tells us about the love of God through Jesus. After all, God sent Jesus to the earth so that we could know Him and learn to love others the way He loves us. We can surround ourselves with other Christians finding out how they show the love of Christ. Finally, we surrender our fear and doubt over to God and put ourselves out there and show others what real love is all about. Sometimes showing love is a simply a smile and a kind word. Sometimes love is a card, a phone call, a text message or a visit. Sometimes others can experience the presence of God through a hug, sitting quietly or waiting for someone who trusts you to take care of their heart. So my friends, show others what the love of God has done for you and let them know that they are loved with a love that will show mercy, compassion, forgiveness and extraordinary joy.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Show someone today how much you love them. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert, Our friend Nichole is going through a really difficult time. She lost her dad last weekend and is visiting her great aunt who is in the final stages of cancer and will most likely pass very soon. Please pray for her strength and peace and for God to grant her aunt and her family His tender mercies.

Praise: Bruce will complete cardiac rehab tomorrow. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments: