Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Prayer: Father, open my eyes to see others through grace. Sensitize my heart to notice those who are overwhelmed by sin and desperate for mercy and grace. Deliver me from selfishness and lead me, Lord! Amen.”

Jonah 4:2 “For I know that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, One who relents from doing harm.”

I think this is a verse we all need to give thanks for each day and use in our prayers. Mercy is a gift we ask for when we don’t actually deserve it. Jesus went to the cross with all of our sin to provide forgiveness to all who repent and believe in Him. God is greater than our sin and is able to manage His judgment and His mercy working side by side by the work of the cross. Holiness and judgment demand payment for sin, but Jesus’ love provides that payment for us. The mercy we receive is the Holy Spirit poured out on us, even though we really deserved to die. This is the message each of us received when we came into relationship with God through Jesus and this is the same message we are called to share with others as we act on our faith and claim His mercy each day.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Count you blessings and say your prayers. We love you all so very much. Take care, friends, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: