Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

I am back tonight and the roles have been reversed. I am writing the journal and Bruce is editing my paper. He is such a champion! I am so very blessed to have an extraordinarily supportive husband. I think I’ll keep him.

I have Old Testament on Tuesday and Thursday. I think it is my favorite class. The teacher is totally brilliant and has such a wonderful heart. Today we were studying the Psalms. She began to talk about prayer. To quote Dr. Craven, “All you need to do to pray is have the desire to pray and breathe.” She was referring to the psalm that says “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.” And that is how I began my day. How awesome!

Prayer: “Father, I praise You. You are the all-powerful, all-knowing God of the universe. Nothing I encounter today will come as a surprise to You. And no matter what I face today, I know that You are for me and are working all thing together for good. I praise You as the source of all good things, and I thank You for Your incredible commitment to provide everything I need to do Your will. Nothing I encounter today will be too hard for You! Finding my life in the gospel, I walk into another day. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Romans 8: 32 “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely gives us all things?

God amazes me. God defies description and sometimes our comprehension of God cannot be put into words. There are so many things that happen that we do not understand. I do not mean the big things that draw us closer to God, but the little everyday things that are out of our control or we can’t figure out. I think about people who yell at traffic. Is there anything we can do to make traffic move faster? No, but yet we holler and say unkind things and work ourselves up into a really good mad.

When you are stuck in traffic, why not try turning off the radio and spending some time in prayer? You don’t have to close your eyes (bad idea) but quiet the car and your heart and invite God to spend time with you. It is easy to go to God when disaster strikes, but do we go to God when something like traffic really gets under our skin.

So here is the question…How do we approach our relationship to God? When everyday things don’t go our way, do we stamp our feet and throw a fit or do we remember all of the blessings with which we have been showered? Do we remember the act of love on the cross that proved God’s unfathomable love for us? We need to remember the verse from Romans 8 that asks us, “If God be for us then who can be against us?”

Let each of us ask for God to abide in our souls and remember His presence in our lives. Then we can share His presence with those in whom we are aggravated and, through prayer, bless them with the love of God and wish them joy in the journey.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: