Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

I turned in my Christian Ed. Paper and have no assignments due until after the Thanksgiving break, so today I completed a short assignment for Old Testament and sort of took the day off. I think I even napped with Jackson (the dog) briefly this afternoon.

Prayer: “Father, heaven is Your throne, and the earth is Your footstool. You said You could never be contained in a building made with hands, yet amazingly, You have chosen to live in me. Today, I pray that You will live the life and love of Jesus through me. In Christ I abide. Amen.”

1 John 4:16 “And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.”

WOW! It is really hard to grasp that the God of all creation, the Lord of water, earth and sky with heaven as His tabernacle would choose to take up residence in our hearts in the form of unconditional love. When Jesus walked the road to the cross, He took our sinful hearts to the cross with Him. It was not only that Jesus died that day, but all of our sinfulness was crucified with Him. When we realized this extraordinary act of love we confessed Jesus Christ as Lord of our lives. By the work of the Holy Spirit we have learned to know His love by responding to His Word. When the Holy Spirit came to live within us we were given new life and a new way to love with God abiding in us.

St. Augustine of Hippo was asked, “How do you know you have the Spirit?” He replied, “Ask your heart if it is full of love, you have the Holy Spirit.”

So here is the question…How different would we act, feel and respond if we truly recognized the divine God of heaven and earth living in us?

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: