Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Saturday!

I had a rather weepy Saturday morning. I missed Casey this morning. Then I think I figured out why. It was Texas/OU weekend. Four years ago just before Casey was diagnosed with cancer I prepared snacks and we were going to watch the game from our living room. Geni, Travis and I all put on our Texas t-shirts and were waiting out in the living room for Casey to join us. He came out of his room sporting his OU t-shirt and said, “You people are wrong, just wrong!” It was hilarious! The following year just a few days before his death it was Texas/OU time again. This time he was in the hospital and lots of people came to the hospital to watch the game with him. My family, his friends and lots of our church friends were there. There was a definite division of orange and red in the room with Casey sporting his beloved maroon OU pillow. There were so many people that we spilled over into the family room across the hall. Needless to say it was anything but quiet and in fact it was really loud and proud! He had such a great day and so did everyone else. Not one nurse ever came in to tell us to quiet down and many of them came in and cheered for their favorite team as well! We have all thought about Casey today and imagined that he was in heaven cheering on OU and laughing at all of us as OU wiped the field with Texas. Geni received a Facebook posting from one of Casey’s closest friends with the same sentiments of Casey laughing at us from heaven. These are some of my favorite memories.

Prayer: “Dear God, I give You praise for Your endless love. You are the Creator of the universe yet You still think of me. I am filled with awe and wonder at Your great love. I praise You for Your amazing attention to details and You beauty and wonder. Nothing compares to Your creativity. Today, I surrender to Your plan for my life. Speak to me, and I will listen. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

Psalm 90: 1,2 “Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or You had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting. You are God.”

Even before the earth was formed God was mindful of us. The passage tells us from everlasting to everlasting. From the moment God decided to separate the water from the land and the darkness from light God had us in His thoughts. It was always intended for us to be a part of His creation.

Did you ever read this passage stating that “You are fearfully and wonderfully made?” I think this is a passage about the way God loves us. God loves us so very much that He created us with enough understanding of Himself so He could walk beside us as a friends on a journey and we could recognize His as our sovereign Lord. Every time we step out in faith we step into His awesome plan for us. That calling can include decision making, creating something, raising children, working at a career, helping another person or learning in school. As God’s plan unfolds for us we must learn to listen. His plans for our lives are bigger that anything we can imagine. God invites us to dream our greatest dreams and imagine the greatest possibilities along with Him and to live out our lives in His strength and for His great glory.

Take joy in this extraordinary journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: