Sunday, October 2, 2011

Blessed Sunday!

Tonight’s writing is not being routed to Wichita Falls. It is just being sent to the small office of our room for its editing. Bruce made it home safely. Praise God! Geni is working feverishly to get a few more things done prior to her first day of teaching tomorrow. Please place her in your prayers. Little Tatum is in the hospital receiving IV antibiotics and hopefully will come home tomorrow.

Bruce and I will be traveling to Sherman very early in the morning to spend most of the day with family and attend the funeral service of my Uncle Gene. I ask your prayers for my Aunt Imogene, his wife of over 60 years and the remaining sisters and all of our family. Thank you.

Progress update: Old Testament test complete! Old Testament writing complete! First 10 people and terms completed on the study guide for my history mid-term. I still have 10 more terms to identify and 4 questions to work on.

Prayer: “Father, silence all of the voices in our minds except your own. Help us to seek and be able to follow your will. May our prayers be joined with those of our sisters and brothers in the faith that together we may glorify Your name and enjoy fellowship together in Jesus name. Amen”

John 5:20 “I can of my own self do nothing; as I hear, I judge and my judgment is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father who has sent me.”

In churches all over the world today was designated as World Wide Communion Sunday. In worship this morning there were a number of different types of bread and a litany of praise spoken in different languages. I was then reminded of the old song, “They’ll Know We are Christians by Our Love.” Sharing the love of God through the celebration at the table was an inspiring moment for me.

Pastor Joel preached today on building. He began with the original builder, Noah. According to Genesis Noah was given specifics on how to build this enormous boat. This was a boat that was to become home for his family and all those animals for a long time and there was no room for shortcuts. The boat was literally a refuge from the storm. The boat brought safety and comfort to all of its inhabitants. Noah knew he could not accomplish this task alone and needed not just some help from his sons, but supernatural help from God. Noah was claimed by God to be a righteous man; a man who walked in obedience. The boat held fast until God was ready for them to live on land once again. It is thought that this home is currently stuck on a mountain somewhere in Turkey.

There are a number of passages throughout scripture that speak of building projects. Solomon building the temple is another example of a structure that was to house the presence of God and become the central place for worship for the nation of Israel. The instructions for building this glorious building are clearly spelled out in the book of Kings. That temple was destroyed.

God has called each of us to be the temple of God. We are to house the body of Christ and welcome all who are in need of comfort, all who are in need of shelter, all who are in need of refuge from the storms of life. Our temple was built 2000 years ago using a single hammer and three nails. From the cross Jesus pronounced the completion of the project when he cried, “It is finished!” Jesus knew His task and knew there was no room for shortcuts or corner cutting. This was the temple that would last forever and it was built to perfection for God dwells within this temple for all eternity.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Thank you for all of your prayers, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

No comments: