Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy Thursday!

I have spent much of the last week studying for tomorrow’s history test. Tonight I prayed as I finished studying for the night that I had studied hard and learned a lot and now God I need You to help finish the task by helping me to think clearly and remember what I have learned and do well tomorrow. Tomorrow after my test will begin the Reading Week for Brite. It is an entire week off from classes. That does not mean that I will not spend time studying and writing. Upon my return to classes week after next, I have a paper due in history and an Old Testament test. For me it will truly be a reading and writing week.

Prayer: “Dear God, open my eyes to see Your everlasting love. Through the beauty of Your creation or in the eyes of those closest to me, help me see Your love. Your loving kindness reaches me. It fills my soul and strengthens my faith. Amen.”

Jeremiah 31: 3,4 “The Lord has appeared of old to me saying, “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with loving kindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, and shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice.”

Bruce and I have been married almost 31 years. And believe it or not after 31 years when Bruce walks into the room my heart still beats just a little faster. Each day when I come home from classes and Bruce is at home I go and find him and look forward to the kiss and warm hug that is waiting. These are precious moments and gifts that we have given to each other for a very long time. These gifts are like presents waiting to be opened in anticipation of what is inside. Even though these gifts are opened each day they still are precious and I do not take them for granted. If one of us leaves to go somewhere these same gifts of love are given once again. We have even been known to get to the car and come back into the house to check if we forgot to say goodbye. The question is, “Did I kiss you good-bye?” Answer, “Yes, but we can just make sure once again.”

So imagine if you will, being loved before you even existed! Imagine being loved with a love that has no beginning and has no end. Imagine being loved so completely that nothing could cause it to fade. This is how God loves us. Even when life hands us a really difficult time and we are feeling alone, or when we have done something of which we are not proud, we are not separated from God’s complete and perfect love.

God’s eternal gift of love covers us completely and there is nothing we can ever do that takes us outside the realm of love God has for us. His arms ache to hold us and His heart pounds with unfailing love. God’s love is so complete that sometimes we need Him to walk ahead to lead us. Sometimes we need Him to walk beside us and instruct us, correct us or listen to us and sometimes we just need God to hold us in His arms and allow us to rest. Fall in love with God anew each day and open the gift of love once again like it was the very first time.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Pray for all of us who are learning to be pastors. Love you all friends and prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: