Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

It has been such a busy few days. Uncle Gene’s service was very nice. I sang his favorite hymn, “Amazing Grace” and then closed the service with a rousing, hand clapping “I’ll Fly Away!” It was a great send-off!

Mom is doing better. She was unable to go to the service due to still being in the hospital with Congestive Heart Failure. The doc promises to send her home in the morning. Please offer prayers for her return to health.

I got my Old Testament Test and my Old Testament writing in on time and I finished the mid-term review for history tonight. Now I study for the next two days! Please say your prayers!!!!

Great joy!! Bruce worked some today. He worked for one of his repeat clients most of the day doing some yard work. I was sitting at the table when he got home. He was dirty and sweaty and I asked him how he was. His response was just one word, “Happy!” It is hard to keep a good man down. Bruce also got to return to hand bells tonight. The doc has not released him for all work, but work that does not involve heavy lifting seems to be the order of the day. Thank you for your prayers!

Prayer: “Dear God, when I look at people today, help me see them the way You see them. May I be selfless and caring so that Your love can shine through my life. I step forward today with a love to share that comes from You. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen”

John 13: 34, 35 “A new commandment I give to you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.”

How do we show love to one another even if we do not like them or do not even know them. Love is not a feeling, it is a gift. We choose to give the gift of our love to whomever we choose to receive it—our spouses, our children, our friends and other family members. To love is to give the most precious gift we have in our heart.

There is a movie with Dolly Parton as one of the characters who is telling a friend of hers that she always believed in this statement, “If you see someone without a smile, give them yours.” Louis Armstrong, famed trumpeter and singer sang, “What a Wonderful World.” One of the lines in the song is, “You see friends on the street saying, How do you do! They are really saying I love you.” These are simple ways of sharing the love in our hearts with others. When I get to Brite each day and I am walking up the sidewalk I try to say “Good Morning” to those I pass on the sidewalk. The smile I receive in return really warms my heart and I hope it brings a moment of happiness to those other students and teachers.

There is no greater gift we can give than our love. What we must do is ask God to teach us to love as He loves, to focus on the needs and concerns of others over our own and try to love and treat others the way we would want to be loved and treated. (Isn’t that written somewhere?) . Our witness to His character glorifies His name! And to think it can begin with a smile…

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all and keep praying mighty faithful prayer warriors and friends. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

No comments: