Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy Saturday!

I am beginning this very late on Saturday night and it will end on Sunday.

WAY TO GO RANGERS!

Bruce and I had a date tonight and went to the Theater Arlington production of Forever Plaid. Absolutely amazing! The singing was perfect and these four gentlemen were hilarious. Sunday is the last day to see the show at this venue so if you have the time go and see it. You will have a wonderful time.

Prayer: “My dear heavenly Father, help me to walk in Your path today. Remind me of the joy that has always been mine when I have chosen to follow You. Let me never forget the heartache, pain, and disillusionment that comes from my disobedience. Thank You for Your patience and love for me. Lord, I praise You that Your mercies are new with each new day. I am reminded this morning of Your promise that if I will delight myself in You, You will give me the desires of my heart (Ps. 37: 4,5). With a thankful heart, I love and praise You for who You are. In Jesus’ name. Amen”

Psalm 119: 35 “Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.”

Tonight my meditation talked about our Christian lives being a “battleground not a playground.” The Christian life is not about what we do for God, but what God does in us and through us. Obedience to God is His power working in us through our surrendered hearts. If our lives as Christians are a battlefield then Christ is the victory. The psalmist asks for God to “make” Him walk in the ways of God. The only way we can walk in the ways of God is by His grace and his grace alone. Grace is the power to obey and we walk in obedience by the sufficient grace empowering us to walk the path before us. We can rest in the assurance that God’s grace is sufficient to meet our every need and to be obedient to the call of God in our lives.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

FYI Tomorrow in worship (11:00) at Advent we will be singing “Let Everything that Has Breath.” This is the anthem purchased in Casey’s memory. It is an amazing piece and hope you can be there as the praise Team remembers Casey in music.

No comments: