Saturday, October 15, 2011


Casey Wayne Chrystie 1984-2008

Happy Friday!

Tonight Bruce and I stayed in and had movie night. We haven’t had a movie night in a long time. We watched The Lincoln Lawyer.

Today I wore a really pretty pink ribbon shirt. Carme has one to match it and we both wore ours today. I also wore the two ribbon pins; the yellow one for Casey and a pink one for Travis. Today is the third anniversary of Casey’s death.

This morning I went to Starbucks for some tea and to see Travis. I really needed to see him today. He gave me a long warm hug and it was just what I needed. I don’t know if there are hugs in heaven, but if there are then I am sure people are lined up to get one from Casey. He gave the most wonderful hugs. They were warm and safe and full of love. I do miss him.

My little third cousin Tatum Kate or affectionately known as “Tater Cakes” who is battling leukemia at Cooks Children’s Hospital landed back in the hospital today needing a blood transfusion and then got a fever. Her grandmother, my first cousin sent this message to Tater’s family on the Caring Bridge website. It seemed appropriate for our family today.

Thank all of you for all of your prayers you have offered up over the last years. Your prayers have lifted us over the rough places and we are forever grateful. I am sharing the message sent by Debbie to her children. It is from one of my favorite sources; Jesus Calling.

"Be prepared to suffer for Me, in My name. All suffering has meaning in My kingdom. Pain and problems are opportunities to demonstrate your trust in Me. Bearing your circumstances bravely--even thanking Me for them--is one of the highest forms of praise. This sacrifice of thanksgiving rings golden-toned bells of Joy throughout heavenly realms. On earth also, your patient suffering sends out ripples of good tidings in ever-widening circles.

When suffering strikes, remember that I am sovereign and that I can bring good out of everything. Do not try to run from pain or hide from problems. Instead, accept adversity in My name, offering it up to Me for My purposes. Thus, your suffering gains meaning and draws you closer to Me. Joy emerges from the ashes of adversity through your trust and thankfulness."

--From Jesus Calling (James 1:2-4; Psalm 107:21-22)
We love you and take joy in the journey.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: