Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Monday!

Well, this is the first day of reading week. It was really rather nice to drink that extra cup of coffee this morning while sitting with Lamar. I would love to tell you that I slept in today, but alas, I did not. I got up early and began reading the book on which I have to read and write a paper.

Prayer: “My dear heavenly Father, it is my desire to be a woman of integrity. I realize that I am what I am by Your Grace, please work in my heart this day that the tongue in my mouth and the tongue in my shoe are going in the same direction. I realize that if I am to affect others for Your cause, You will have to do it through me for it is not by my works, but Yours that others see the truth and evidence of Your love. I surrender to Your control now and ask You to be in me, no longer me but You. Resurrection power, fill me this hour, Jesus be Jesus in me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Psalm 119: 1 “Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord!”

God’s Word does not call for us to be sinless, but it does call for us to be blameless. My meditation tonight says, “The word undefiled speaks of those who are blameless, referring to integrity. “ When I was still teaching I taught each group of students that integrity was how you behaved when you think no one is watching. For adults integrity is the opposite of hypocrisy or pretending to be something we are not. The most difficult life to live would be to attempt to live a life of lies. But the best life, most blessed and least difficult we can live is the life in truth we have been given. Being blameless does not mean we do not mess up. Blameless means we are complete, whole and truthful. Jesus did not call us to live a perfect life. He did however call us to have a lifestyle that is growing and conforming to His word. When we desire to be blameless we will indeed to blessed. The overflow of a blameless life is happiness and overflowing joy. (And you know how I feel about joy!) When we continue to strive and grow into a blameless life, experiencing happiness and overflowing joy by the grace of God we will live a life of holiness.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count you blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: