Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “Lord, may my heart be desperate for a deeper, loving relationship with You. Oh, God, help me to never take You for granted, and may I never place my ultimate dependence on anyone but You. Thank You for Your patience with me when I allow my mind to drift to all of the “what ifs.” Please draw me close to You and never let me go. I desire to finish well and to live such a way that You will be glorified in and through my life. Jesus, I crown You King of my heart this morning. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Psalm 119:9, 10 “How can a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to Your word. With my whole heart I have sought You; oh, let me not wander from Your commandments.”`

My hubby practices his life in piety every day. I overheard a bit of a phone conversation he was having tonight. One of his responses to a question was, “to keep myself around other Christians.” Bruce is such a strong believer in the accountability of our Christian lives. He believes that one of the ways someone becomes stronger in the practice of their faith is by surrounding themselves by other believers in Jesus. Bruce’s piety includes worship, study in the Word, a prayer life and service to God including singing in worship, serving on property committee, attending weekly Bible Study Fellowship and working with the Kairos Prison Ministry. Because he surrounds himself with others who believe in Jesus and because he studies scriptures faithfully he is able to work with and for people who do not have a relationship with Jesus. He shares Christ with them in acts of grace.

The psalmist knew as did the apostle Paul that it takes obedience to God’s Word to keep our eyes on God and to model the Godly life. It is the closeness to Jesus and obedience to His Word that makes our Christian life not just what we practice on Sunday, but a reality in all we do. It all comes down to the psalmists’ scripture from last night. In order for us to live a Godly life and for others to come to know Christ through our lives, we must, “Love the Lord our God with all our hearts, with all our souls, with all our minds and with all our strength and our neighbor as ourselves.”

Take joy in this glorious journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all mighty and faithful prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: