Saturday, October 22, 2011

Happy Friday!

Prayer: Thank You for showing me how desperately I need a Savior and thank You for saving me from my sin. Thank You that like Abraham’s trust in You, my faith will be continued as righteousness in Your eyes. Help me to remember that in my own strength I cannot live the life You have called me to live, but I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Help me to walk in that strength today. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Galatians 3: 22 “But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.”

It is really interesting taking Christian History from the Reformation forward and the Old Testament at the same time. I am learning so much in both classes. The Old Testament concerns itself with the law as given to Moses on the mountain. The New Testament deals a great deal with God’s grace given through faith. The truth is we could not follow the Law if it were not for God’s grace. By our own strength we cannot the follow the law and Commandments or act in obedience to God keeping the Great Commandment if we do not live under the blanket of God’s grace. That tells me that Old Testament and New Testament believers both are saved by God’s grace through faith and not by Law. Since Jesus came to fulfill the gospel that must mean that the gospel exceeds the law. God guides us through His Word showing us that we do not have to live as slaves, but as those who are free to obey the Law and live an abundant life through faith in Jesus and the power of His resurrection.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Remember God gives us strength enough for each day. Please say a special prayer for our niece and almost nephew; Stephanie and Stephen. Stephanie is Ken’s oldest daughter. Stephanie and Stephen are getting married tomorrow night. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Go Frogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys!

No comments: