Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Back to class! I really love my Old Testament class. I know so little about the Old Testament that everything my professor teaches is new learning for me. She also told us we could use some notes on our test on Thursday. Please continue to pray for me as I continue learn each day.

Prayer: “Father, thank You for Your Word that lives forever. Thank you that through Your Word I have received the supernatural gift of a new life in You. Through Your love, help me to love others as You do. As I spend time with You reading Your love letter to me, help me to put what I read into practice in everything I do today. Amen.”

1 Peter 1: 22, 23 “Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.”

Can you quote lines of dialog from a movie? I can. We love movies around here and can often say lines of movies when appropriate. Dolly Parton, “If you see someone without a smile give them yours.” How about, “Squirrel!” from Up.

This passage talks about the truth of God through the Holy Spirit and through the Word of God. In the book of 1 Peter he closes this chapter with the famous verse from Isaiah 40: 8 “The grass withers and the flower falls away; but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

I remember the first time I read those words. I had received my first Bible as a Christmas gift and this verse was written on the opening page. This passage speaks about what Peter was saying about God’s Word. Our task is to take God’s powerful and important Word and hide those words in our hearts. When we study God’s Word and begin to apply it to our everyday life then we begin to change. I believe God speaks to us in so many ways. God speaks to us of His love through those who love Him and believe on His name. God speaks to us through the gift of prayer. God speaks to us through His Word. In the verse for tonight the results of the change God makes in our lives is that we will have a purified life and we will have a sincere love for fellow believers. This is an all encompassing love that allows us by His leading and His grace to obey Him and His truth. This grants us imperishable eternal access to God made safe by the blood of Christ and in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Take some time to read the word of God and fall in love with His truth. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: