Monday, October 17, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Worship was wonderful! We sang “Let Everything that Has Breath Praise the Lord!” This was an anthem purchased in Casey’s name. We sang it as prelude and Postlude. The house rocked today!!!

Our Lord, we praise You and bless Your name forever.”

Psalm 37: 1-4 “Fret not yourself, house of evildoers…Trust in the Lord, and do good…Delight yourself also in the Lord also in the Lord; and he shall give you the desires of your heart.”

Pastor Joel is doing a series on homecomings. We will be celebrating 35 years of Advent at the end of this month. Pastor has preached on home building (built on the Rock), coming home with your family and today he preached on “going home.”

Shortly before Bruce had his surgery I spent more than a few emotional moments. The last time I left a family member he did not come home with me. So I told Bruce he could not “go” home to heaven, but had to come home to me because I was not finished being married to him.

Without fail the last year of Casey’s life was the most difficult series of situations we have ever experienced. Yes, we shed a great many tears in sadness, uncertainty and some fear, but we also did a lot of praising, too. We learned that when we are in the most difficult place we can possibly imagine, we need to find a way to praise God which allows our sorrow to be turned to joy, our worry to peace and praise, our lives of disorder into order and chaos to calm.

When I faced down Satan in that empty hospital hall I decided I was tired of living in fear. I knew that Satan is the author of fear. So I asked God to be the strength I needed to bind Satan’s power so that he would have no power there. I don’t think any of us like the thought of someone having power over us. When Casey was so sick we were in constant prayer for him for his pain to be eased and his body to be healed. Of all of us, Casey was the least stressed because he had released the power of God within himself.

When we walk in fear, worry, doubt or other attribute to Satan we allow him to take up space in our heads and hearts where God should be dwelling. When we do that, He cannot work in us or through us. We must turn back to God and release His Power within each of us and let Him to do His work! That is how our mourning is turned into gladness, our worry is turned to peace.

I pray your week goes well and as my children have tattooed on themselves, “when life is in discord, Praise ye the Lord.” (ah the wisdom of children.)

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: