Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

There may be no joy in Arlington tonight, but we will get em’ tomorrow night. Rangers lost 3 to 2. I think maybe they just weren’t ready to play in the colder weather.

Prayer: “Father, You are mighty to save and worthy of all praise. This morning, as I prepare for battle, help me to choose the right weapons: the helmet of salvation; the sword of the Spirit, which is Your Word; the breastplate of righteousness; the shoes of the gospel of peace, and the shield of faith. Thank You that You go before me in this war and have prepared the way for victory. Amen.”

2 Corinthians 10: 4 “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.”

The armies of this world are given weapons of destruction. The weapons take lives, injure people and destroy property and land. All of these weapons are weapons that cause loss to a people and their homes. When the Apostle Paul speaks of weapons, he is not speaking of the conventional weapons such as guns, knives, missiles or spears. The Apostle is speaking of weapons of wisdom, prayer and the proclamation of the gospel. These weapons are not conventional weapons, but they are the most powerful weapons for fighting against sin and keeping us safe during attacks from Satan. The weapons are used for the cause of Christ. These weapons supply all we need to fight against the battlefield of the mind, the self-doubt we experience. They are a constant reminder of how very close God is to each of us.

Conventional weapons can break, be stolen, run out of ammo and have to be replaced at some time, but the weapons given to us by God are ever renewing themselves and are always in abundant supply. I am reminded of the time when Casey was in MD Anderson and I talked with all kinds of people who were also battling cancer. It occurred to me that if you are fighting cancer and do not have faith in God through the crucified Christ then you have no weapons to fight this disease. Chemotherapy can make you well or it can take your life, but the weapons of God make us whole.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. I have an Old Testament mid-term at 9:30 in the morning. I would really appreciate being covered in God’s wisdom and your loving prayers in the morning. Thank you my friends. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: