Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Quick family updates: Travis’ Peewee football team lost their game today. Their stats are 1 win and 1 loss. Better luck next week, coach. Bruce attended a Kairos Prison Ministry team meeting today. Geni has completed her long term substituting job and is now hoping for another long term sub, but will absolutely take day to day positions. And as for me, each day is a new learning curve. Today I completed my Old Testament Test, tomorrow I will work on and complete my Old Testament weekly writing assignment and Monday I will begin my Christian Ed. paper due on the 28th.

Prayer: “Dear heavenly Father, I praise You for Your mercy and Your power. Thank You for sending Your Son into the world to save a person like me. I am forever grateful to You, and I will spend my life telling others about the gospel message that has changed my life forever! In Jesus’ mighty name I pray. Amen.”

1 Timothy 1: 15, 16 “This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.”

The apostle Paul led a remarkable life. Here was a man who would drag people out of their homes and arrest them for being Christians. He even stood by and watched these faithful ones be executed for believing in Jesus. Then the gospel of Christ, through phenomenal circumstances, made a miraculous change in Paul. The gospel of Jesus changed his life forever and changed the trajectory of his life. Instead of looking for those who were already believers in Christ he began to look for those who did not know Christ and share this life changing gospel story with them.

That same power of the gospel has not changed. Paul was about as far from God as one could get and then this awesome encounter with the Holy Spirit and his life was changed forever. The same message is there for each of us. It does not matter how far we try to run from God there is no distance that can keep out of the reach of the grace of God. God can break through to the heart of anyone who is set against His purpose. The gospel of Christ reaches far more than any sin we might commit and any distance we might try to put between God and ourselves. So let us stop running from God and allow the gospel of Jesus to soak us in grace and tender mercies and change the trajectory of our lives to living and loving like Jesus.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: