Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Bruce is such a champion. He went 25 minutes on the elliptical machine today in Cardiac Rehab. WOW!

Prayer: “Lord, this morning, I beg You to live Your life through me. Replace my doubt with faith that pleases You. Help me trust You with the things that come my way today. You are a trustworthy God, and for that I am extremely grateful. Empower me to run to You consistently as my unending supply of hope and fulfillment! In Jesus name I pray. Amen.”

John 4: 13, 14 “Jesus answered and said to her, “Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

“Like the woman at the well I was seeking for things that could not satisfy. But then I heard my Savior speaking, draw from My well that never shall run dry.” You have to have more than a few gray hairs to remember this old gospel song. My Mamo always lived this song and I have sung this song countless times. I love the story of the woman at the well. So many amazing things happened in this brief encounter between Jesus and this woman who had sought earthly pleasures to fill a huge void in her life. And along comes a man. Men have always wanted something from her, but never wanted to give her anything without a cost involved. Jesus sat down with her and she told Him her story. Jesus listen to her and offered her forgiveness and grace.

God, through Jesus, gives us every gift afforded in heaven and on earth. But I think there are three gifts that really shine for me; prayer, grace and identity. Jesus tells this woman of shame who He is and claims her as His own child. Then Jesus offers her forgiveness and grace. Grace, simply stated, is God’s promise to be with us even when we make the wrong choice. When we make that wrong choice He will pick us up out of the muck and mire of our sin and redeem us through His forgiveness. The best decision we will ever make is to accept God’s grace with each breath we take and each decision we make. There is nothing that can fill our hearts like Jesus.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers.

“Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up Lord. Come and quench this burning of my soul. Bread of heaven feed me till I want to more. Fill my cup. Fill it up and make me whole.

Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: