Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “Dear Lord, I come to You today grateful for the freedom that comes from following Jesus. Living my life within the parameters of Your Word has set me free to live the life You have called me to live. Help me walk in that freedom today and represent You well in those around me. I pray that those who are far from You would experience life in Christ as a result of Your life living through me. Thank You for Jesus! In Your name I pray. Amen.”

John 6: 47, 48 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life. I am the bread of life.”

Did you ever hear about someone you did not know and then have an opportunity to meet them? I know I have. If we hear about someone having never met them we form an opinion and a perception of them. Now whether our opinions or perceptions were shown to be true is sort of hit or miss. How we perceive someone is how we will receive them.

The religious leaders in Jesus’ day did not perceive Jesus as God’s Son. They simply saw Him as someone who was out to change their profiting way of life and would take away their source of power. Their selfish, power hungry ways enacted in the name of religion turned them away from a potential relationship with Jesus. They perceived Jesus as a threat and not as a Savior.

I cannot imagine what it would be like to live a life without a relationship with God. There are some folks who put their trust in things other than God. People who place their trust in the things of this world find that the world promises more than it can deliver. Offering “too good to be true” things in this world is a way Satan can get His grip on us. We cannot solve our sinful ways through religious effort using the things of this world. All of our attempts to work out of our sinfulness fall amazingly short of the glory of God.

If we perceive Jesus as anything other the Son of God then we have a problem with our perception. Salvation comes through Christ alone and not through any works or trust in what the world offers.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and grab a sweater in the morning. Step into the likeness of God and help someone to perceive that Jesus is the Son of God. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: