Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Friday!

Prayer: “Dear Lord, I come to You this morning reminded of the power of the gospel . Thank You for Jesus and His activity on my behalf. Thank You that I don’t have to attempt to live this day on my own. May Your power work in me and through me today as I seek to honor You in every way. In Jesus name I pray. Amen”

Galatians 6: 7,8 “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.”

In my 30 year teaching career I have often told my students (even first graders) but more often older students who believe they can get away with something. I tell them that having integrity means how you behave when you think no one is looking. We often think we are alone when we can be sneaky about something and no one will find out. I am not speaking of a wonderful surprise for someone from whom you are trying to keep a secret. I mean a secret of which you are not proud. Or maybe it is something you think you can take care of before someone finds out.

Here is the thing, most of us can fool most people most of the time, but at no time or point in our lives can we keep a secret from or fool God. God knows everything about us. God sees past the façade we put on in front of our family, friends, the one with whom we work and the clerk at the grocery store. We can fill our pockets with all of our sin and walk around like nothing is wrong, but we cannot ever pull one over on our Creator.

Sowing in the Spirit means we rely on the Holy Spirit to enable us to make good decisions and empty our pockets. Sowing in the Spirit means God loves us more than our pockets full of sin and will forgive us of our sins. When we sow in the Spirit we reap only the best of the harvest that God has to offer. So my friends, let us empty our pockets…

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: