Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

I wore a denim jacket, a skirt and closed toes shoes to class today. It felt so fantastic outside. I really hope this lasts a while.

Prayer: “Dear Lord, I ask for Your strength this morning. Empower me to carry out Your will for my life. Allow me to grow in my understanding of Your love and grace. Thank You for the gospel and its effects on my life. I live this day for You. Amen.”

John 6: 39, 40 “This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Anyone who has known me for any length of time knows that I am directionally challenged. I do not understand maps and frequently I have to look at my rings to remember left and right. I am pretty much a land mark driver. Please do not say north or south and NEVER say Weatherford Traffic Circle or I-35 E going north. Who thought that one up? I get lost really easily. This is one aspect of my life that really frustrates me. I have this extraordinary feeling of inadequacy when I get lost and I get pretty scared.

There is more than one way to be lost. Sometimes the chaos of life can throw us into doubt and a feeling of being overwhelmed with that feeling of not knowing which way is up. In the meditation I am reading tonight it says, “Don’t lose hope!” God has given us a Savior. God gave us His Son in whom to place our faith and trust. If we place our faith and trust in Jesus He never lets us go. So my friends, when it seems we are down so low that getting up never crosses our mind, we can stand firm in the knowledge of God’s everlasting love for us and His promise to never leave us or forsake us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and maybe a sweater in the morning. Some of the greatest miracles experienced by the people of God occurred when they were up against extraordinary obstacles. When the nation of Israel was being chased by Pharaoh’s chariots the sea parted and they crossed on dry land. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: