Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Okay. So today I did a first. But first, the back story. Yesterday while walking at the mall with Bruce I walked into Christopher and Banks (a ladies clothing store at the mall). They were having a great sale. The clerk who frequently helps me when I shop there asked me if I could wait until tomorrow (meaning today) to make any purchases because if I helped them out I would get a 40% discount on my purchases instead of the advertised 30%. To earn this nice discount I had to model a couple of their outfits. My 10 minute modeling career consisted of wearing a pre selected outfit and standing in the window and talking with another model and waving at the passersby. It was fun and I ended up being paired with two teachers. It was really fun.

Prayer: “Father, I ask You to bring young believers into my path and make me an encourager in their lives. May I be both an example to them in their walk and a student to learn from them as they follow You. Amen.”

1 Timothy 4: 12, 14, 16 “Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity…Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy with the laying on of the hands of the eldership, meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.”

I am not a youth, but I am young in the path of schooling and I am learning to be a pastoral care giver. But youth, mature, on the path of ordination or active in laity, the Word still applies. This passage tells each of us to conduct ourselves in love, in spirit, in faith and in purity. Even though I am learning and being trained for ordination that will set me apart for God’s service this passage is meant for all of us. As believers we are each being charged with the ministry of Christ in the Kingdom here on earth.

I sit in class with students 30 years younger than me. I can see extraordinary fire and vision in them. I know they will dedicate their lives to bring revival to their generations in the congregations they serve. As for me I will deal with congregations of 1 family or person at a time. The ministries are different and yet each ministry to which we have been called has equal importance because we are all part of the Kingdom. Each of us, by our relationship with Christ, has a ministry of service in his name. We all need encouragement because God uses each of us to share the gospel of His love, grace and forgiveness with those we meet.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Tomorrow Bruce and I will travel to Palmer, Texas to worship with Rev. C.D. Haun, his family and the congregation as they celebrate the life of Grammy Faye, Sherry’s mother. Grammy Faye passed away last Friday after a brief illness. Please pray for their family and the congregation in Palmer as they deal with the loss of this dear lady.

No comments: