Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

I am beginning tonight with two urgent prayer requests.

1. Geni received an email last night from FWISD telling her that there were a few select elementary positions available in the district and asked it she wanted to be interviewed. Geni responded with a yes. She is beginning the screening process tomorrow. Please pray for her to receive a job offer.

2. I have shared with you about my little cousin Tatum who has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). God finally brought us together today face to face. Her grandmother (my cousin Debbie—also a retired first grade school teacher), her Dad, Mike and little Tatum met me at Central Market for a brief moment. Tatum is a beautiful little girl and I hope to get to know her better. Tatum’s treatment plan is scheduled to last for two and a half years. Her family is making plans and preparations to move to Fort Worth. I told her Dad today that if they were going to live in Fort Worth they needed to be horned frogs so now they have t-shirts and coffee mugs to begin their new life here in Fort Worth. They are currently living at the Ronald McDonald House next to Cooks’ children’s hospital. Please write little Tatum’s name somewhere that you see often and send a prayer for her healing each time you see it.

Prayer: “Lord, the longer I live, the more I realize I don’t have all the answers. The closer I walk with You, the better I see how far I am from Your perfect will for my life. Search me and try me and lead me today. May I bring glory to your name in all I do, say and think. Amen.”

Psalm 23: 24 “Search me, O God, and know my heart, try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me; and lead me in the way everlasting.”

Things have changed. Before we go to work for anyone we must complete a background check. When we go to the airport, we must go through a metal detector and we must be willing submit to a search procedure. None of us welcome these procedures and feel we are being scrutinized and inspected because we feel we our privacy is being invaded.

In this verse of scripture the writer so wants to be pleasing to God that he asks God to search him for any unrighteousness and to make the necessary action to correct the sin. Now that is a gutsy request. This request is made by someone who is really secure in their relationship with God and only wants a deeper and closer walk with the Master. In order to gain that closer, deeper relationship we need to go to God daily with our hearts laid open, ready for examination. We may not like what God reveals to us about ourselves, but it is the way we grow. God promises to help us make the corrections in our lives. If we think we can make these corrections without God’s help then we need to examine ourselves and rid ourselves of the pride we are carrying around. The only way we can grow spiritually is by the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Inviting God to examine us isn’t about allowing Him to see something He does not already know. As our creator, God knows us intimately. This practice of asking God to examine our hearts is telling God that we are willing to submit to Him so we can have a deeper relationship that is pleasing to Him and to receive His loving correction.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and in the morning carry a sweater! YEA!! Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all and remember to pray for Geni and Tatum. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: