Monday, September 12, 2011

Happy Monday!

Brite does not hold classes on Mondays due to many of the students holding student pastorates literally all over the state of Texas. Monday gives them a chance to get back to Fort Worth safely. Each week I have an Old Testament writing assignment and a test that must be completed and turned in on Tuesday. I spent part of today working on a Christian Ed. paper which is due on the 28th . The other part I spent completing the three questions on my Old Testament writing assignment. After I finished that writing assignment, a problem was discovered by Bruce who is my editor. I had neglected to answer both parts of a question on Chapter 15 of Exodus. He is the best and I am so very grateful.

Prayer: “Father, as I begin this day, I praise You for the evidence of Your presence in my life. I have heard You by the power of Your Word, experienced You by the power of Your Spirit, and been led by You in my daily life. You are as real to me as my closest friend, and I thank You for the fellowship we share together. I pray that You will allow me to be a powerful witness of Your life through my daily walk. Amen,”

1 John 11: 2 “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life—the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us.”

The revelation of God was made manifest in Jesus Christ. Our faith in God through Jesus is an experiential faith. We learn about faith from listening to those who live godly lives. We live out our faith when we help someone who is in need. We may not be able to solve a problem for someone, but we can certainly listen, love them and pray for them so that others may see Jesus in our lives. Believing in Jesus means that Jesus lives within us and is made manifest in our lives. Wouldn’t it be great if others said of us that they see and have experienced Jesus just by talking with us? How cool would that be!?

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let others experience Jesus made manifest in our lives. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: