Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Thank you all for your prayers for Geni. Her interview went really well today. As soon as she finished, the interviewer sent her resume out to the schools in need of teachers like her. Geni received two calls tonight for interviews. One school needs a first grade ESL teacher. She is not certified ESL, but will register to take the test and get it on the calendar this evening. The next call was for a 3rd grade position general education classroom. She has an interview at 8:00 am in the morning. Please pray that all goes well and she is a good fit for the 3rd grade team and school. We are so excited and pray that all will be perfect in her interview in the morning.

Prayer: “Lord, allow me to season the world in which I live by demonstrating Your power, love, and truth to all who cross my path today. Amen.”

Matthew 5: 13, 14 “You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. “

If you have known us for any length of time you are aware that we are TCU fans. Bruce and I often are a bit rabid about wearing the purple and white with the university logo somewhere on our clothes. When people ask how to get to our house I will give them directions and then tell them to look for the yellow house with the large TCU flag in the front of the house. When you walk in you will see a purple painted tin pumpkin imprinted with large letters saying, “Horned Frog Country.” (I even have purple dinner plates!) And when we see others wearing TCU shirts we walk by and give the sign of the “short horn” and say, “Go Frogs!”

As believers in Jesus we are called to reflect the radiance of Christ to the world. I have often said that Bruce signs off on his emails with “Preach Christ every day… if necessary, use words.” As wonderful as I think that saying is I am not sure that is enough. If all others see is what we do and the attitude we exemplify and do not know where it comes from then all they are really seeing is our good works and not the glory and story of Jesus. The world needs to see and hear of the glorious God who has changed our lives through Jesus. We need to give God the credit for making us holy people created in His likeness. It is part of our task here on earth to point others to God and share the gospel in every way we can. Jesus said, “You are the light of the world.” My friends, it is time to shine!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please offer a prayer for Geni, the principal and the committee she meets with in the morning. Love you all and thank you for your continued prayers. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: