Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Monday!

My apologies for not writing last evening. The power went out in our house about 8pm. So we sat on the front porch until quite late because it was cooler and lighter outside than inside. Power was finally restored around 3:30 this morning! That meant no A/C or fans. I think we will all sleep better tonight!

Geni is still in the interview process. She had two interviews on Friday. She had two interviews today and she has one tomorrow and one next week. We are really hoping she won’t need the last interview and is offered a job sometime this week. Even with all of the interviews she is still substituting each day and working at Starbucks in the evenings. Please keep praying for her!

Prayer: “Lord, You are love. Your love never ends, and it never fails. Thank You for loving me first. Today, help me to know and love you more. Help me to express my love for You by loving others. Help me to see people with Your eyes and to love them as You love them. Change my heart and mind and give me the desire and opportunity to express my love for people in a true and authentic way today. Amen.”

Psalm 91:1 “He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”

In the present day of mass communication, Facebook, Skype, cell phones with GPS and Lojack, tiny cameras unable to be seen by our eyes, traffic light cameras and other technology there is simply no place to hide that someone cannot find you. Now at times that is not such a bad thing such as when you have to make a 911 call and it connects you with an emergency service or when you need to get directions to get somewhere. But aren’t there just sometimes you want to hide? Hide not from danger necessarily, but just to remove your self for just a while where it is quiet. Sometimes it is important to just to be in a place of quiet peace where the only sounds you hear are your next breath and the beating of your own heart. You know that hidden place known only to God.

This is that place that is so secret that no one on earth can begin to find it. When we really need to get away we are offered a dwelling, not just a trip to the beach or to the mountains (even though the mountains are come pretty close to this place for me!) Make your home your hiding place, your dwelling place in the very presence of God. When we really need to dwell in the secret place of the Most High, His Shadow will rest over that place protecting us until we feel safe once again. This is the place to go when we are trying to make a tough decision, when we are unsure of what to do next, when it seems that the world is closing in around us. When we are in a place of being afraid, the shadow of the Most High is the place to dwell. This dwelling place of God is a space where we can hear God’s voice clearly. It empowers us to follow God’s will and His good purpose for our lives.

My friends, find a quiet place to dwell with God often. God is our heavenly Father. Take the time to get to know this eternal Father and rock in His lap allowing Him to protect us and encircle with His loving arms and hear His strong words of love and rest for a while.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Hide under the shadow of the Almighty and be safe in His protection. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: