Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happy Thursday and the last official day of summer!

When we wake in the morning it will be fall and I am very ready for this day! Tomorrow I will make a stop at Buster’s, my favorite place to purchase plants. I will put the dead plant garden to bed, Bruce is going to clean off the deck and patio and at sometime I think there might be some extended time outside surrounded by beautiful fall color and a glass of something wonderful to drink. Amazingly enough, the Casey tree has continued to thrive during the blazing heat of the summer.

Bruce continues to do really well in cardiac rehab. He does the elliptical machine and began weight training this week. He is such a champion.

Geni began the paperwork process today at the ad building. All new hires must go through a federal background check and as soon as the results of that background check are passed she can go into her room and begin to put it together.

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, I pause right now to take my eyes off the temporary to look at the future home I have in Christ. It is easy to forget what You have in store for me. Help me develop an eternal perspective as I face difficulties and troubles in this world. I want to gain a new appreciation of the future I have in You. I am so thankful for the promise of Paradise restored. Remind me today of Your kingdom that is coming in power and glory. Amen”

Romans 5:5 “Hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to me.”

Today in my Old Testament class the professor gave a touching response to a statement made by one of my classmate’s. His statement was that he felt like a Canaanite. The Canaanites were a people hated by the Jews. You could tell by the emotion in his voice how distraught he was over these feelings. Then the professor shared this story. She was in attendance in worship service in a denomination during the dedication of a young child. This particular little girl was the survivor set of twins. This child’s sister had died at birth. The little girl was dressed in a pretty dress and just looked precious. The minister took this little girl by the hand and walked her around the sanctuary talking to her while teaching the congregation. His most poignant words to her were these, “Never feel any guilt because of the death of your sister. You are a child of God and He is very pleased with you.”

My friend from class had been embedded with a theology about God that caused him to carry around a sense of unworthiness and self-loathing. Our professor, in front of a class of seminarians, raised up our brother and simply told him that he, like that little girl, should never feel a sense of guilt because he was a child of God and God was very pleased with him.

My friend needs a new story. He needs to begin to believe in the hope and love offered by Jesus. There is nothing disappointing about living eternally (beginning on this side of heaven) in God’s eternal presence through a restored relationship with Jesus. There is nothing disappointing about having an intimate relationship with God. God has adopted each one of us and, by His Holy Spirit, He has put His seal on us - a deposit of the incredible things that are to come. In the midst of our temporary troubles let us never lose sight of our eternal life which has already begun because we are children of God and He is very pleased with us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please continue to pray for little Tatum as she has almost completed this round of steroids and will soon begin chemotherapy treatments. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Genita and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: