Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Are you sitting down? Here is the news of the day and it is big!

GENI IS FORT WORTH ISD’S NEWEST FIRST GRADE TEACHER!!!!!!!

She has had all kinds of interviews and had some more to come when she got a call from a principal who offered her the job. It will take about a week to process all of the paperwork and place her name before the board. So she should be able to begin late next week or early the week after. She will be working with Meadowbrook Elementary School. We are so excited and so very proud of her. She has worked very hard and will become a great teacher. Thank you for all of your prayers for her to get a teaching job and continue to pray for her as she begins her career in education. Go Geni!!

Prayer: “Father, thank You for Your love and promises. I know there is nothing that I might face today or in the future that will separate me from the love found in Jesus. Even though I may face trials and difficult situations today, I know You are with me. I believe and accept Your promise that I am more than a conqueror. I pray that this truth would affect my thoughts and emotions as I walk with You through this day. Amen.”

Romans 8: 38, 39 “I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

There is nothing that compares with the love of God. The love of God is so comforting. I think separation in whatever way it presents itself is such a difficult part of our lives. Earthly separations are temporary. We can move apart from our friends and family. We can experience a broken relationship and we can even be separated from those we love and care for by death, yet we are assured in the knowledge that we will be reunited with them in glory someday. If we claim this passage as truth then there is nothing on earth or heaven that will separate us from God and His compassionate ever present love with us.

This passage speaks of the conquering love of God. What needs to be conquered in our lives? I don’t know about you but I think overcoming is how we spend our lives sometimes. We have so many things to overcome. We must overcome fear. Sometimes we must overcome grief and heartache. Some of you have or will have to overcome divorce, personal suffering and all kinds of difficulties. But this passage tells us that God never leaves us. God remains with us constantly in His love for us. And interestingly enough, these separations we experience on the earth help us to draw closer to God and be further formed in His likeness. We can overcome anything through the love of God. Remembering this promise can help us to get through anything that comes into our path. God is for us and remains with us no matter what!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Thank you again for all of your prayers for Geni. She thanks you. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: