Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Today in the mail I received a letter from Dr. Melody Johnson, Superintendant of FWISD, and a lovely certificate from FWISD. The letter simply said thank you for my years of service and how much they appreciated my teaching. It really brought home that in less than 48 hours I will be a retired teacher. Bruce held me in his arms as I cried. I tearfully asked him if I was doing the right thing. He said a resounding, “yes.” It seems like such a short time ago that I walked into Frankie Batts’ office (24 years ago!) and interviewed with her and was hired in FWISD. I walked into that classroom with the substitute, Johnnie Steptoe, who was doing grades, and I began to teach. I did not get a move-in day or anything. I just walked in and started to teach.

Tomorrow, I will be the supply preacher at the Rocket and Palmer Christian churches. God does not waste any time when He has a plan for you!

Prayer: “Father, You are worthy of all praise and adoration. I yield my life to You today. I want to submit to Your will. Thank you for another day to enjoy Your blessings and to love life to the fullest. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

Romans 8:11 “If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.”

Being a Christian means so much more than just going to heaven when we die. I really dislike those folks who come to my door or stop me and ask, “If you died today do you know where you would spend eternity?” Especially when I answer, “Yes, in heaven with Christ” and they don’t even hear me. They just keep on talking.

Living a life with Christ is still so much better than a life without Christ and anything the world has to offer. When we allow the truth of God’s Word to be in our lives each day we experience joy, peace and contentment not only in our own hearts, but in our relationships.

The passage says that the spirit that raised Christ from the dead is the same spirit that gives life to our bodies. Our bodies are what receive the Word. It is the Holy Spirit that speaks God’s Word to us and allows us to understand its meaning. When we understand the Word then we begin to understand God’s purpose for our life in this world. Each time we allow God’s Word to change our hearts then we become more like Christ. We enter into abundant life and have the blessed hope of spending eternity in heaven with the One who created us and paid the price for our salvation. Thank you Jesus!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Thank you, my dear friends, readers and mighty prayer warriors. I love you all. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

In your prayers tonight please continue to pray for the diagnosticians who are working with the Rev. C.D Haun. Also, please pray that Bruce continues to feel well as he will see the surgeon on Tuesday. Please pray that the words of my mouth and heart are acceptable in God’s sight as I preach in the morning (twice). Also, peace for me as I retire on Monday.

No comments: