Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day Monday!

Prayer: “Father, thank You for a new day filled with new mercies, grace sufficient for my every need, and love that endures forever. I ask You to bless my thoughts, actions, and reactions today. Help me to see others with a heart of compassion and to be willing to share Jesus’ love with the people I meet. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

Hebrews 6: 17-18 “God, determining to show more abundantly to the heirs of promise the immutability of His counsel, confirmed it by an oath, that by two immutable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we might have strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold of the hope set before us.”

Bruce and I have always treasured our children. We have always loved having them around and have tried to keep them close. Even when they are apart from us they know that we are there if they need us. They count on the knowledge that we will love them no matter what and that our love for them is unconditional. We have never told a serious lie to them and have always told them that if they have done something that we would rather know the truth even if we will not like it. Bruce and I are not perfect and have made our share of mistakes in raising our family, but our love for them has never been in doubt.

In this passage of scripture God tells us that when He does something for us He does not do it half way. He always does His work in us and for us exceedingly, abundantly and beyond anything we can imagine. God made sure we saw the extent of His love for us in His unchanging Word and confirmed the covenant made with us through the sacrificial blood of His son, Jesus Christ. Because of these two “immutable” things we can know without a doubt that God loves us with an everlasting love and we can always run to Him for refuge. God always speaks the truth in his Word to us and we can faithfully count on His extravagant love poured out on us, His children and joint heirs with Jesus.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Remember when you pray tonight to continue to keep Bruce and little Cambri and her family in your prayers this week. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: