Monday, May 30, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all.

WOW! What an awesome day. Worship was excellent this morning. We spent the remainder of the day entertaining family and friends.

Prayer: “Heavenly Father. You have began a good work in each of us by cleansing us in the blood of Jesus and empowering us by your Holy Spirit. Heavenly Father, please continue to help me by working in me through your amazing love. In the name of Jesus, I pray.”

Acts 14 tells the story of Phillip who encountered a man from Ethiopia. Phillip listened to this man, shared the story of Jesus with him and encouraged the man to share the story with others. This story happened 2000 years ago. This story is the same story for each of us. When we come into relationship with Jesus we are all given the same tasks. First, we are to love our neighbors as ourselves and second, we are to tell others about Jesus. The Apostle Paul did not start out loving Jesus.

In fact, Paul was the one who was condemning to death those who believed in Jesus. But as soon as Paul came into relationship with Jesus he began to listen to others and tell them about his Lord and Savior. God took one who had spent his life disdaining the name of Jesus and changed him into the greatest champion for Christ ever recorded in the Holy Scriptures. God began a good work in Phillip and Paul and they were obedient. God calls us to go and do likewise.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray I ask you to pray especially for an infant girl in our church. Her name is Cambri. She is just a few months old and is facing surgery this week due to a non-functioning liver and some other issues. I ask that you pray for perfection in all who tend to her and that the angels from heaven encircle her with God’s love so that she knows that God is with her. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: