Saturday, May 28, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Prayer: “Lord, I praise You for Your great and awesome power. There is nothing too difficult for You. I lay all of my burdens at Your feet, knowing that You are able to masterfully handle the worst of my problems. You are able to work miracles and create beauty from ashes. I look with expectation toward the awesome things You will do today as I fix my eyes on You, Lord Jesus. Amen.”

Ephesians 3: 20, 21 “To Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Jesus Christ to all generations, forever and ever.”

My meditation tonight calls these the “WOW!” verses.

First, God is able. Whatever difficulty we are facing it is not impossible with God.

Second, God is more than able. He can do over and above what is needed. Just think about the feeding of the 5,000. God, working through Jesus, took five loaves and three fishes. He blessed them and shared them enough to satisfy 5,000 folks who came to hear Him preach. Then, just to drive home the point, there were 12 baskets of leftovers. That is “exceedingly and abundantly!”

Third, God is able to do beyond all we can ask or think. So when we pray, let’s pray big! Our God is not a God of “barely.” The Word tells us He is a God of abundance! Remember we are coming to a King. His grace and power are such that we can never ask too much.

God’s power and might are available to work mighty acts in each of us today. God wants to shine through us so that all of the glory will go to His Son, Jesus. Let us open ourselves to His workings in our lives and hearts, being bold when we pray.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Pray big my friends. God is bigger than all of our needs and wants to meet those needs with His abundant and amazing grace. Take care my friends and see you in worship. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: