Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

So here is what we know so far…Bruce will see the surgeon June 7. The surgery is normally scheduled within the following two weeks. After a 4—7 day hospital stay, Bruce will go home where he will have to take it easy for a while. We have not heard anything about a rehab program, but we feel sure that rehab will be involved.

During this time in our lives, we will be in need of prayer on so many levels it is difficult to know where to begin. So I will begin with giving God glory and praise for His every perfect blessing and His faithfulness. Remembering that God is the Master Healer and will guide each step Bruce takes toward full recovery. And with God’s grace we will figure out the rest as we go.

Prayer: “Father in heaven, I praise Your name. Today, help me to have the mind of Christ and remember His example of a godly life. Fill me with the Holy Spirit so I may respond to criticism in a way that pleases You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

Romans 12: 16-18 “Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion. Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. It is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.”

Each Wednesday morning there is a small group of women who gather in my classroom for a time of prayer, share and devotion before we begin the school day. We have grown to treasure each other and our friendship and sisterhood in Christ. The interesting thing is that everyone in the building knows about this group. We do not meet in secret; any and all are welcome, but not all feel comfortable. When some of those who do not attend are in need they will slip into my classroom and ask for prayer. It is such a joy to have someone come in and ask for me and the group to lift them in prayer. There are those who come in on Wednesday to announce they are not going to stay, but still ask for prayer.

The Apostle Paul teaches that we are to be of a “like mind toward one another.” We are to live our lives together. That life means sharing the burdens and blessings of everyday with all who ask and not just those in “our group.”

Believers are called to a higher standard and to not return evil for evil. Even if someone has wronged us and a broken relationship results we still need to pray for them and for ourselves asking God to restore what has been broken. This life of peace requires us to live in love and faith believing that God can right every wrong. Lastly this life of living peaceably calls us to live in hope knowing that God works all things together for good. Ask God to help make our hearts like Christ’s living in humility, humbleness, in love and peace.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Remember that God is with us in every room of our lives and there is quite enough for each of us. We love you all and are counting on you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Tomorrow the school is hosting a retirement party for two other staff members and me. Where did the last 30 years go? I never thought I would retire before my Dad!!!

No comments: