Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Greetings from a soggy Austin St.

Happy Tuesday!

WOW!!! God really puts on a show! We seemed to have faired the storm pretty well. We had some strong winds, rain and a brief bout with hail. We are not sure of any damage as of yet. We managed to make it through NCIS, but not Glee. We were outside much of the time observing God’s handiwork. The clouds were pretty amazing. And I just heard that they are going to try to resume the Ranger game in about 30 minutes. Really!? I think they sent the fans home. It is raining again so maybe good sense will kick in they will send the players home too!

Prayer: Father, although I am one of billions of people in the world, You know me intimately and are always willing to listen to me. The fact that I am special and precious to You is mind-boggling to me. I want to put You first today and let You shine like the sun through me. You, Lord, are worthy. In Christ’s name I pray, Amen.”

Psalm 1:1-3 “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, not stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither, and whatsoever he does shall prosper.”

This passage reminds us to stay in the Word. The key to getting to know God is to learn His promises and rely on HIS FAITHFULNESS. God does His work in each one of us. He fills our hearts with hope no matter what the circumstances. God gives us direction in His Word and the power to walk in His ways.

Let’s review that last statement, THE POWER TO WALK IN HIS WAYS. The power does not come by our will, but by His will to perfect Himself in us. God is faithful to meet us each time we open His Word and call His name. So in the midst of the storms of life when the lights have gone off, don’t wait for the power company to reconnect your power to bring you out of darkness and into light. Find a candle, open God’s holy Word and call His name. And the darkness will give way to light.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes or rainboots if necessary. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Tonight as the storm raged all around I sat on the porch in a rocker and prayed giving thanks for the majesty of His creation and for our protection and safety. We were sort of in the eye of the storm. God will remain with us in the most violent of storms and long after the storm has past. Rely on His faithfulness. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: