Monday, May 23, 2011

Blessed Sunday!

With the full support of my family and extraordinary scripture assurance and affirmation from my best friend Carme, I placed dual membership in the Palmer Christian church this morning. The congregation was warm and welcoming and understood my reasons for joining. It is my hope to serve this small congregation when the need arises.

Prayer: Father, as I enter this new phase of service to You I pray that I would always think of You first and myself second. You taught us to pray “Our Father…” You proclaimed us as Your children and demanded obedience. I pray I am walking in obedience to Your Word and to Your calling as Your daughter and Your servant. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

This morning Rev. C.D. Haun taught the second in a three part lesson on prayer. Today’s lesson was based on the scripture from Matthew 6 as God instructs the disciples on how to pray. Jesus speaks these words, “When you pray, pray in this way…” The beginning of The Lord’s Prayer is written as an address to the God of heaven and earth. Following that beginning comes the phrase: “hallowed” be Thy name.

For us to say that God is Hallowed, or Holy, is the highest term of respect we can use for the Father. We then pray for His will to be done and His kingdom to come into our own lives just as it is in heaven. In heaven there is nothing but total obedience to God and His will is met without question or debate.

When we pray, the words are not really necessary, for God knows the intentions of our hearts, even when we are so used up and empty from the dealings of life. God understands and knows the very inner most thoughts of our souls and can bring about healing from brokenness without flowery language and fancy talk, but by the simple calling of His name “Jesus.”

I know that listening is going to be a large part of the ministry of chaplaincy, but equal will be the ministry of prayer. I know I will be asked to pray for healing, perfection in surgeries, God’s tender mercies, pain to be alleviated and all manner of needs. I pray that, when the time comes for me to pray for those in need, God will give me the ears to hear His Word, and the voice to glorify God first and foremost and to ask for the needs of those for whom I am praying be met according to His will.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray remember to glorify God in your prayers and be assured that He hears and knows your deepest needs. Jesus will show His love for each of us as He hears and answers our prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert: Rev. C.D. Haun of Palmer Christian Church will be leaving for the Mayo Clinic after services on next Sunday. He has suffered for years from migraine headaches and is seeking relief from them. I ask your prayers not only for a safe journey as he and his wife Sherry travel to Minnesota next week, but also prayers for a workable treatment plan for the headaches. Thank you. Peace, gc

No comments: