Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Bruce has spent most of the day continuing to rest, but felt well enough to go to the grocery store with me tonight. So far he has not experienced any adverse effects from the procedure. We continue to give thanks to God and His healing grace. We also continue to give thanks for all of you mighty and faithful prayer warriors for continuing to keep Bruce in your prayers. Bruce will be in touch with Dr. Lal on Monday as to how we proceed from here.

Prayer: God, I praise you for another day of life. Thank you for keeping me mindful of Your presence today. In these few moments of study and reflection at the end of this day, thank You for teaching me more about the peace I have in You and how I can be a peacemaker in the world. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Romans 5: 1-2 “Having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we also have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”

The peace given by God is the foundation of each believer’s life. We will still have problems in our lives, but we face these problems with God who gives us the resources through His Word to meet our needs.

As most of the teachers in Texas who are paid once a month, when we get to this time in the month just shortly before pay day, we are hoping to get to the end of the month before the money runs out. But as Bruce reminded me tonight, my prayer has always been for “enough.” And sure enough tonight there was enough to buy enough groceries to get us through until Friday.

God gives us solutions to life’s problems. First, we have peace with God because of the atoning work of Jesus Christ. Peace solves the problems of the past. Next, God gives us access to Him through faith. We can approach God in our time of need and receive grace and mercy. And God gives us hope in Christ. We can trust in God to take care of our problems. When we take them to Him, He works with us as we work through the problems life presents. We are given God’s resources and we can let peace, faith and hope reign in our hearts. So, my friends, God calls us to hang in there because he hangs in there with us.

I ask for your prayers as I place my membership at the Palmer Christian Church in Palmer, Texas tomorrow as a first step toward being ordained. I pray that I will be obedient and serve God in this congregation as His will demands. Thank you.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Remember that God works with us in the midst of life’s problems until His good purpose has been fulfilled. Love you all and take it to the Lord in prayer. Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: