Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Bruce registered at the hospital this morning. He is scheduled for 9:30 on Thursday. I ask your continued prayers for his healing and recovery. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors.

Prayer: “Good morning Lord. Thank You for the gifts of life and of rest. Thank You for today’s opportunities and tests. In whatever I face today, You are with me, Lord, I praise You for Your grace, Your mercy and Your love. I look forward to experiencing those things today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Micah 7: 18 “Who is a God like You, pardoning iniquity and passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, because He delights in mercy.”

Randy Travis sings a song with this line, “Get to know God before you need Him.” It is so important for each of us to get to know God, but what is really important is to learn what God is really like. We need to learn what God likes and what He does not like. God hates and judges sin. But He also shows mercy to His children because His love is unchanging.

In my meditation tonight the author shares that in the Koran there are 99 names for Allah, but the one name that is missing is…love. The God of the Holy Scriptures is the only God written about that forgives sins. Sins are a heavy burden that need to be lifted. God pardons, passes over and forgets our sins just with our asking. He never counts our sins of the past so each moment we live in His holy presence is a new moment, a new place of starting over in His love and grace. You know how I said that our sins are a burden that need to be lifted? Well, if God can forgive and forget our sins then why should we hold on to what is past when we can live each moment in the light of His love and grace? What we don’t understand is just how vast and expansive is our God. There is no place on earth or in heaven that is outside the realm of God’s love.

In our Praise Team on Sunday mornings, we sing a piece called “There is none like You. No one else can touch my heart like You. I could search all eternity long, and find there is none like You.” We love an awesome God and with our highest praise, from the foot of the cross, He loves us too. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, (I wore my new Payless version of the “Shape-ups” to day. And they are purple and white! Completely comfortable!) Count your blessings and say your prayers. Remember that God works with us in the midst of our toughest times. Count on His presence and trust in His grace. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: