Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Bruce’s heart cath is scheduled for 9:30 am. We are checking in at 7:30. I think we are going to be on the third floor of Memorial.

Prayer: “Lord, thank you for being here before I got here. You are eternal, immortal, invisible and all-powerful. You alone are God. I praise You as my Creator, my Sustainer, and my Redeemer. Since You make all there is just by speaking Your Word. I know there is nothing I will face today that will be difficult for You. I trust in Your power. Amen.”

John 11: 4 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.”

This morning I was driving to school and attempting to listen to my IPOD for my morning drive time devotional. Today it did not work. I am not sure why it did not work so I decided that today I would just be quiet before God and listen. I opened my silent prayer invoking the Holy Spirit and began to hear Bruce singing in my head, “In This Very Room.” It is a song he has sung in many of our concerts throughout our years in concert ministry. The words say, “In this very room there’s quite enough love for one like me for Jesus, Lord Jesus is in this very room.” It was a moment that brought me to my knees giving thanks that God was connecting Bruce and I through His Holy Spirit. It was as if God was speaking directly to me revealing Himself to my mind reminding me that He would be there along with the doctors, technicians and whoever else is involved. I so needed God’s reassurance that He would be with Bruce as he goes through this procedure tomorrow. I know that Bruce is covered in prayer and God’s loving care for He will be in that room with him tomorrow during the test and during the long hours of laying flat after the procedure.

God is not only our Creator but is our great Communicator. There are all kinds of idols in this world which may have mouths, but cannot speak, which may have eyes but cannot see and which may have ears but cannot hear. Our God speaks and hears. He listens not only to our spoken word but to our thoughts when we cannot form the words to pray. He speaks to us through His Word written in Scripture, through “Jesus Christ who is eternally, equally and essentially God which tells me He is able.” I cannot ask for anything more than an able God to be in the room with Bruce.

So my friends I thank you so much for all of your prayers. Please remain in prayer giving thanks to God for His continued loving presence. Thank you for walking this new journey with us. You were faithful once before and so helped to sustain us. We love you all.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. God is with us working and remaining with us no matter what is going on in our lives. Claim His holy presence and walk in peace. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS We are stopping at Starbucks before we go to the hospital to pick up a coffee traveler. I have had a lot of hospital coffee and Starbucks is the way to go!

No comments: