Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Friday!

Bruce rested today. He got out this evening when we took dinner to Geni at Starbucks. He seems to be recovering well from the procedure but is not up to full speed yet. The doc’s office is supposed to call him on Monday with further instructions. Thank you for your continued prayers.

Prayer: “Father, thank You for loving me. I pray that You will give me the grace and humility to live at peace with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Lord, set my heart right before You so I can share Your love with Your people. In Christ’s name I pray. Amen.”

1Thessalonians 5: 12-13 “We urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very lightly in love for their word’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves.”

In the workroom at school we have this really cute poster saying “Try to get along with those with whom you work, but if you feel yourself on a collision course with someone give a yell!” The picture is of two children in bumper cars trying to get around the same track.

Sometimes relationships can become tension filled and somewhat stressful even among those who claim loving relationships with each other. That is just the way life works. Sometimes we feel even our closest relationship within families or with friends, co-workers or those with whom we worship, is really difficult. Sometimes we want to just bail out of the relationship or situation and choose to close the door. If we choose this as a life pattern then our relationships will have really short life-spans.

But if we look at God’s Word in this passage it gives us instruction on how to be at peace with one another. This scripture provides godly wisdom in telling us to recognize those with whom we work as people just like ourselves with joys, sorrows, doubts and struggles. It also reminds us that we are not the only ones to walk a rough and rocky road. As an example, when we lost Casey I do not think we even knew but one or maybe two people who had lost their children. But soon after we met so many people who had walked the same road as we were walking. Now there were others to help and encourage us down the road to healing and peace. The instructions in these two verses let us know that peace is possible.

Jesus is the Prince of Peace. He modeled reconciliation with the Holy Father and showed us how to have reconciliation among ourselves. We pray, ask forgiveness and begin to walk the road as encouragers in fellowship with each other and with God. Sometimes when I find it difficult to forgive someone who has wronged me and I am so hurt then I have to ask God to forgive and love them for me until I can sincerely do this. God calls each of us to practice forgiveness and perseverance through a difficult time. The best part is that God is there with us in the midst of our difficulty encouraging us and loving us and those with whom we have relationships.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Trust God to be larger than our difficulties and intimate enough with us to work with us as long as it takes. Love you all mighty and faithful prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: