Thursday, May 26, 2011



Happy Thursday!

The retirement party was wonderful. Each of us(the retirees) had our own cake and each was presented with a bag of edible goodies and a beautiful Waterford crystal bowl. It is so beautiful. When I use it on very special occasions I will remember my dear friends at Burton Hill and the many blessings I have received being in the fellowship of these fine people with such loving and caring hearts. Being their friend and colleague for the last 10 years has been a privilege and extraordinary joy. These precious souls I am blessed to call my friends acted in the highest of unselfish ways during the most difficult times of our lives and have celebrated at each joy since Casey’s death. So my friends, I will miss each of you and pray God’s richest blessings on you and your families. I love you all. Gaylene

Prayer: “Father God, I worship You this day and give You praise because true peace comes from You. Help me to live in peace with You and with others. If I have any form of rebellion, guide in my heart, reveal it to me. Show me how I can submit to You more. Guide me today. May my life reflect the power of Your glory. You are my eternal peace. Amen.”

Romans 12: 1, 2 “Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves.”

You know, no matter what, we are all accountable to someone else. It does not matter if the relationship is employee to boss, student to teacher, children to parent or believer to Christ. The apostle Paul encouraged believers to submit to Rome’s authority as much as possible because submission leads to peace. When we submit ourselves to God through Jesus we can lead a peaceful life. That does not mean a life free from tough decisions, difficulties, hurts or illness. What it does mean is that as we turn more and more of our lives over to God then He stays with us through the roads and paths of His choosing no matter what difficulties we encounter. God does not just stay with us, He works with us through His Word, prayer and the fellowship of His children.

God established the home to be peaceful as we are to submit to one another in love and we care for and raise our families. And He gave us Jesus to model total submission to Himself and demonstrate that even through the most difficult times and even unto death, Jesus was still at peace because of His unfailing obedience and submission to His heavenly Father.

So here is tonight’s question…To whom do we need to submit to have peace?

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray, please include a prayer of healing for Bruce. We are in a journey of a thousand steps and are on step four. Your prayers will help us to stay focused on one task and one decision at a time being ever mindful that we are on God’s time and not our own. We are praying for you too. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: