Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Prayer: “Father, I confess You as my Lord and Savior today. You are King of my heart and life. My heart’s desire is to please You in everything I do. Help me constantly to listen to Your still, small voice and follow You wherever You lead me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Psalm 86: 4-5 “Rejoice the soul of Your servant for to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant is mercy to all those who call upon You.”

Did you ever have trouble forgiving someone? Generally speaking I am pretty quick to forgive. And right now I really do not have time for unforgiveness in my heart. I have too many other things to think about with retiring, cleaning out a classroom and Bruce’s surgery. Carrying around unforgiveness takes up space in my brain and does not allow me to focus clearly on the things God has placed before us. It is sort of like when weeds have been sewn into the garden. Weeds tend to take over the garden and can take away all of the nutrients from the soil that are meant for the good plants. When I am carrying around unforgiveness then it takes over my thoughts and becomes the forefront of my thinking.

Harboring resentment (an element of unforgiveness) in our hearts and refusing to forgive others harms us more than the one who actually committed the sin against us. When we decide to forgive and reconcile with the one who has offended us then we are more like Christ, and results in a healed relationship.

God is always ready to forgive us when we call upon Him and ask. So if we are to be more Christ like then we must be ready to offer the same forgiveness to others who have hurt us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Pray for God to bring healing to a broken relationship through the awesome power of forgiveness. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: