Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Four more days with the students. The upper grade kids are helping me pack and get ready for Bruce and Travis to come and take a large load to storage. It is really interesting to pack up 30 years of your life into some boxes and try to decide what to keep and what to throw. Tomorrow I will be a part of my final awards assembly. It is a time of check-off lists.

Prayer: “God, I acknowledge You as my Lord and Savior. You are the Creator and Sustainer of everything. Thank You for loving me and for providing a way for me to have a personal relationship with You through Jesus. I am ready to obey You today. Make me sensitive to Your leadership. I surrender to Your will. My heart’s desire is to bless You in everything I do. Amen.”

Colossians 3: 16-17 “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”

“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly…” I read these words tonight and was called back to remember that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. And that knowing, praising and honoring God through Christ is my first calling. It does not matter to what ministry I have been called as long as I remember to keep my eyes focused on Christ.

It is sort of like my classroom right now. When I walk into my classroom I am overwhelmed by the amount of work still needed to be accomplished in just a few short days. It is easy to become distracted or discouraged especially with teaching that still needs to be conducted and interruptions throughout the day so close to the end of the school year. It is easy to begin one task before completing another already begun. The bottom line is that the room must be packed and ready and the only way to accomplish this task is to stay focused.

Worshiping God in Christ is the primary task that each one of us is called. When we lose focus on this we become less effective in accomplishing what He has asked up to do; in my case to enact the calling given by God that I have accepted. When we remember to worship and honor God in all we say and do we become better disciples of Jesus. When we remember to worship and honor Christ first then whatever service God has called us to do will be right and true because of the gift of faith and the indwelling of wisdom God has placed in each of us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Remember in your prayers tonight to pray for infant Cambri who is facing surgery soon as well as Bruce and our pastor friend, C.D. Haun, who is currently at the Mayo Clinic. Also spend a little time in the Word. That is where we learn of God’s wisdom. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: