Monday, May 2, 2011


Blessed Sunday to you all!

Well hasn’t this been an interesting day!? First, it has been wet, raining and cold all day. We have the stoves burning in each room and I am wearing a hoodie, blue jeans and socks at this writing.

Bruce and I are officially godparents of Asia May Brewer. She was totally perfect during her baptism this morning and completely beautiful. Her parents and grandparents were present; Addie’s mother from Malaysia and Jeremy’s parents from Oklahoma. They were all so proud and are absolutely in love with Asia. Bruce and I are so honored that we have been asked to be a part of this little darlin’s life. We always wanted a practice grandchild!

Isaiah 55; 9 “For as the heavens are higher that the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.”

Okay, how many times (admit it) have we said (sarcastically) to one of our kids, “Is it just possible that I know more than you do? After all I am a bit older, I have had a bit more experience, etc…” I sometimes have to say these words to my first graders when they get too big for their britches and think they are going to talk back and dispute what I have said. I don’t mind a disagreement, but there is a difference between a disagreement and disrespectfully arguing with someone who knows more than you do.

Now I would love to tell you I haven’t argued with God on occasion, but, alas, I have, and I have always asked for forgiveness. I have usually argued when I was not willing to wait on God’s answer to a prayer I have prayed or when I thought God was taking too long to give me an answer.

This verse puts me in my place. When I am impatient for an answer and I begin to think God has forgotten me or really needs to be speedier in answering; I need to remember that God’s ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts and most importantly God’s timing is not my timing. When I am impatient then I am reminded that I must trust my Maker. Then I also remember that my Maker and Redeemer is also my Servant and is willing to grant all of my desires according to His will.

The Servant God is the One who will go the distance and make sure that I am ever reminded of His faithfulness to accomplish in me and all of us His perfect will.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Tonight when you pray give thanks that just maybe evil was toppled today and that those who lost loved ones ten years ago may experience peace in their hearts. Ask God to bless those who fight to keep us safe and are willing to put their lives on the line for the freedom we hold so dear. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: