Monday, May 2, 2011

Happy Monday!

Just before sitting down to write tonight I went to the closet and got out a denim shirt, khaki shirt and a hooded down vest to wear in the morning. The upper 30’s are forecast on Tuesday, May 3rd. Go figure!? I have also been studying tonight for my test tomorrow night. I will have a few more hours tomorrow after school to study more before my final tomorrow evening. I ask for your prayers as I prepare for this test and then take the test. Thank you friends!

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, You truly are an awesome God! As I behold the majestic handiwork of Your creation, I’m reminded of Your sovereignty and glory. Thank You for establishing a personal relationship with me, even though Your ways and thoughts are always above me. Thank You that I can call You my God and know You as my heavenly Father. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I give you praise. Amen.”

Psalm 19: 7-9 “The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, make wise the simple; the statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.”

Over the weekend I received a letter from FWISD telling me that they have received all of the paper work for my pending retirement from teaching. As I continued to read the letter it occurred to me that someone should have proofread this letter just a bit better. In essence it said that the application for retirement was irrevocable unless I can produce a doctor’s document stating that I was mentally incompetent at the time of the application. So, let me get this straight, if I was mentally incompetent at the time of application I could go back into the classroom…? If a doctor will certify me crazy I can teach again…hmmmm? I must admit to you that each time I thought of this I broke out into a fit of giggles.

God reveals Himself to us in so many ways. We so often think of God as being revealed in Jesus Christ. We also marvel at the works of His hand in nature. But did you ever think that God revealed Himself in creation? Creation reveals God as the might Creator with infinite power, but the Word reveals God as the One who enters into covenant relationship with His people.

The covenant is simple; you will be My people and I will be your God. A covenant is the strongest most unbreakable promise anyone can make. And this wonderful God we serve has, through His love and grace, chosen to enter into a covenant relationship with us. And unlike the letter from FWISD, His Word assures us that His Word is perfect, contains spiritual truth, is steadfast and is never changing. God’s Word contains the principles for us to live our daily lives. When we read the Word and obey it we are blessed. I give thanks that God would reach out to each of us no matter where we are in our lives and call us His children.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray tonight lifting each other up in prayer, remember how awesome our God is and that He is always there in our midst working with us. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: