Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

This has been a most interesting day. There is a wonderful feeling of lightness when the word “final” is in your past. It was really odd to come home this afternoon and not have to study for my class. Bruce and I even took a lovely evening walk and then sat on the porch and talked. It was so nice!

Today’s funny first grade story: I eat lunch with my children and in our table discussion there is no discussion of school, but discussions of family events, soccer practices, ballet recitals and results of games played on DS’s or other electronic game systems. So today a young man in my class told me that while he was at soccer practice a little girl told him that she liked him. I found out that she is three, but shared her granola bar with him. (I know - sounds like love.) I told him, “Well, three years olds have good taste.” His reply was, “They certainly do!” I will miss teaching first grade because no one tells a story like a first grader.

Prayer: “Father, thank You for a restful night and a beautiful new day. I pray that You will enable me today to walk in the Spirit and not yield to my flesh. I desire so much to please You heavenly Father. I never meant to become a reproach upon Your name or offense to Your church. I love you Father, and thank you for blessing me with Your lovely Son, Jesus. Help me seize every opportunity to be a witness for Your glory and honor. I devote myself anew to You this day. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Nehemiah 9: 32 “Our God, the great and mighty, and awesome God, who keeps covenant and mercy, do not let all the trouble seem small before You that has come upon us, our kings and our princes, our priests and our prophets, our fathers and on all Your people, from the days of the kings of Assyria until this day.”

In the Old Testament God kept His covenant with the nation of Israel no matter how many times they turned their back on God and lived in sin. God promised to be their God and they would be His people. God claimed them as His children even though they continually lived in patterns of sin. First they were faithful, followed the commandments and lived godly lives. Then they became idolaters and fell away from the commandments given by God through Moses. Even though they did not always live a godly life God always forgave them and exercised His justice upon them. But because God is honorable he still showed compassion and mercy even in His judgment.

God’s love and mercy became full when He sent Jesus to bear the full punishment for all of the sin of all humanity. So when we are not living godly lives God, through Jesus, still shows us forgiveness, compassion and tender mercies even when we do not deserve any of these kindnesses. God gives these precious gifts out of His love for us and His desire to be a greater part of our lives. So give thanks to our great, mighty, powerful and awesome God for our salvation and His abundant love and grace.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray remember to lift burdens and blessings and each other, acknowledging that God through the power of the Holy Spirit is there in the midst of wherever we find ourselves. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Tomorrow is Geni’s last day of student teaching. On Sunday she will be recognized as a graduating senior during worship and then her actually graduation from NTSU is on Friday the 13th. WOW! Please pray for her as she steps out into a brave new world! Peace, gc

No comments: