Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Prayer: “Heavenly Father, as I approach a new day, I do so with a song in my heart. Your name is majestic in all the earth, and I ask for Your blessings upon me as I represent You today. Direct my steps and guard my paths that I might not sin or bring reproach against Your holy name. I desire to honor You and let people know just how awesome You are. I pray this in the name of my Savior and King, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Job 37:22-24 “He comes from the north as golden splendor; with God is awesome majesty. As for the Almighty, we cannot find Him; He is excellent in power, in judgment and abundant justice; He does not oppress. Therefore men fear Him; He shows no partiality to any who are wise of heart.”

I was in great hopes of taking a class this summer. This was a class in the theology of Christian religions. The class was a very intensive class and only 5 days in length. The hours of this class were 9-5, but I figured I can endure anything for 5 days. There was also some out-of-class work to be done the week before and the week after. Even though I qualified for advanced registration the class filled up very quickly and I have been wait listed. I checked today and I am eighth in line to get into this class. So I did some further checking and found that there were quite a number of students trying to get into this class. So I wrote to the dean of Brite and asked if he could open up the class since there was such a large number of us who wanted to take it. The dean’s response was that due to the intensity of this class and the amount of grading the professor would need to do the class had to be closed after 20 enrollees. The dean was gracious in his explanation and expressed that he wished he had better news for me.

The dean of Brite was absolutely correct in his assessment of the situation. When I was thinking of the class and saw nothing specific that would be cause for a closed classroom I was only thinking of myself. But the dean (in his wisdom) knew the situation and exercised a decision in favor of the professor out of his care for her and in the best interest of the students. It was something I had not considered.

The dean, who has the final say in these matters, has the control and makes the best decision possible for all concerned. His thoughts were not my thoughts and his ways were not my ways. God works in much the same way. God has supremacy over my inferiority and even though I prayed to take this class this summer, God seems to know more than me. (Imagine that!!) God did not deny me this class to oppose me but to reveal that that He is in control and knows what is best for me.


I do not know what is in store for me this summer, but I plan to listen and try to follow God’s Word as it is spoken to me remembering that God is right in all he does.
Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray lift each other up, pray for yourself and remember that God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, is there in the midst of the battle. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

PS Geni completed her students teaching today. Her portfolio has been turned in and graduation is a week from tomorrow. Please pray for a job opening to become available with her name written on it. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Peace, gc

No comments: