Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Check one more thing off. I completed one more class at Brite tonight as I took my final in Congregational Leadership. I think I did okay. I did not even have to make up anything on the test this time!

Prayer: “Lord, thank You for giving me the opportunity to behold the glorious beauty of Your creation! Help me not to get so caught up in business that I overlook the little things You have orchestrated for me along life’s journey. So often I take simple blessings like sight for granted. Please remind me to day that You created all things by Your marvelous hand and that You give them to Your children to enjoy.
Thank you Lord God, for making a brand new day! In Jesus name I pray. Amen”

Deuteronomy 10: 17-18 “The Lord your God is the God of gods and Lord of lords; the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe. He administers justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the stranger, giving him food and clothing.”

Sometimes first graders say unkind things to each other. Our school mantra is “Treat others as you would like to be treated. We are family.” Today one of my students wrote some unkind words about another student in our classroom and I had to remind him about the mantra. I had to ask the student how he would feel if the story had been written about him. He apologized to the other student.

This was a child who understood very little about what he had actually done and it was my task as his teacher to let him know that it was inappropriate behavior.

As adults, sometimes we intentionally say things to others that are less than kind. Usually there is not someone there to remind us to apologize when we have hurt someone else. God loves us all more than the sparrows of the skies and yet He provides everything for them. God provides us with two things, first a model of the godly life in Jesus and second, forgiveness when we say things we shouldn’t. God gives the same unconditional love to others, treating them the way the He has treated us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Thank you for your prayers during my test. Let us continue to lift each other up in prayer remembering that the Holy Spirit works with us in our journeys and our travels. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: