Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Friday!

Prayer: “Good Morning, Lord. I bow before You as my God and King. I come to this special place each morning to acknowledge Your presence and to worship You as my heavenly Father. I cannot begin a single day without seeking Your guidance. I desperately need You! I ask You to fill me this day with Your Spirit and Your power. Mold and shape me for Your great glory. Speak to my heart throughout the day. Help me walk in Your Spirit and know Your will. Teach me Your ways that I may teach and lead others to You. Help me to be a godly influence and have an attitude of worship as I live out this day. I love You, Father! In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

Psalm 47: 1-3 “O clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph! For the Lord Most High is awesome; He is a great King over all the earth. He will subdue the peoples under us, and the nations under our feet.”

This morning while driving to work I was listening to my drive time devotion. As I listened, it spoke of focusing on that which is unseen instead of that which is seen. I can see the world around me, but what I cannot see is God. About the time I was processing this concept I received a text message from Carme. She sends me a daily scripture via a text message. The message this day was on the unseen God. The message was simply that you can see salt and you can see a glass of water. But when you mix the salt in the water it is still present, but you cannot see it. Now you focus on what is unseen. You can drink the water and taste the salt. You do not have to see the salt to taste its saltiness.

I phoned Carme and told her that she and God were on the same page today. So today I made a conscious effort not to concentrate on what I could see, but on God’s presence. I prayed today that when others saw me that they knew God was present with me even though they could not see God. I think I am going to try to be the glass of salty water. I am going to change my focus to less of what I can see and more on the unseen presence of God not only in myself, but in others.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray tonight and as you lift each other up in prayer remember that God through the power of the Holy Spirit is there in the midst of whatever we are going through. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: